One of the frowned upon characteristics of iPhones are their non-removable batteries. Users need to go to an iPhone repair center whenever there is a need to replace their iPhone batteries. Aside from the hassles and the time it takes, changing an iPhone’s battery is more costly than its Android counterparts that are having removable batteries. This article will discuss how you can save on iPhone repair costs by taking care of your iPhone’s battery.
How to Extend iPhone Battery Life
There is a wrong and a right way of charging your iPhone. The definite wrong way of charging your iPhone battery is to let it drain completely. The best way of charging an iPhone is to charge it when the battery level goes just below 80%. The next article in this series will discuss the details why 80% charging is optimal for the iPhone’s battery. In a nutshell, at 80% the iPhone is designed to keep the charging slow (trickle charge) which can extend your battery life.
1. Charge the right way.
2. Update to the latest OS.
Apple sees to it that power and battery management are improved with each major update. See to it that you always update your phone to the latest available stable operating system. To update to the most recent operating system go to Home > Settings > General > Software Update.
3. Not too cold, not too hot.
Avoid exposing your iPhone to extreme temperatures. Temperatures that are on the extremes, too high or too low, could shorten your iPhone’s battery life.
4. Check your case.
Some cases may cause iPhone to get too high during charging. Remove your iPhone case If you notice that your phone gets unusually hot while charging using the case. If you can completely do away with using the case, then do so.
5. Avoid draining the battery.
In a way, this is related to number 1, but we chose to have a separate discussion on this subject as we want to stress this thought out – if it can be avoided, never discharge your iPhone. Do not allow your iPhone to go completely drained. Discharging and complete draining of battery may affect battery charge cycles. More on iPhone battery draining on the next section.
6. Disable wireless connections when not in use.
Turn off your Wi-Fi, cellular data connection, Bluetooth and other radio devices when not in use. A running radio device eats up a portion of your battery. It is recommended that wireless radio devices should only be turned on when it is in use. Swipe up to open your iPhone’s Control Center where wireless toggles are placed.
iPhone Battery Repair Advice
- Make use of your warranty. If your phone is still under warranty, you may get a free cellphone repair and battery change on authorized Apple service centers.
- Never attempt repairing batteries. Batteries are meant to be disposed of when they get defective. Never try to repair defective batteries. The risk is way greater than the rewards. See to it that you change your iPhone batteries at trusted cell phone repair
- Do not change iPhone batteries on your own. Unless you are a well-trained professional, never open your iPhone to change your battery. Leave the changing of batteries to cellphone repair experts near you.
- Go to a trusted iPhone repair shop. Do not just go to any cell phone repair shop. Go to a trusted iPhone repair shop with professionally-trained experts.
Seeing to it that your iPhone’s battery is well-taken care will ensure a long battery life and lessen all the inconvenience when it comes to cellphone repairs. Follow the steps and tips in this article to make the most out of your iPhone battery. Whenever there is a need to change your battery and repair smartphone cracked screen, or you simply need to have an iPhone repair, choosing a competent and expert iPhone repair shop is critical to get the best service for your Apple device.
For all your cellphone repair needs contact the experts at FixAPhone